Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Pasko Nagdaan

That's Tagalog for Christmas time is here. Too bad I don't remember how to say it in Mandarin...in other words, Merry Christmas everyone.

At our school we had a Christmas Pagaent. The theme for the pagaent was Christmas Around the World. The Eagles(my class) did a song in Tagolog. I attempted to choreograph the dance and my co-teacher taught the words to the song. In the end it all turned out pretty well. All the parents really want to see is their kid in a cute outfit and a white person dressed up for Christmas teaching them.

We had a pretty good Christmas here. Bethany and I both got stockings and gifts sent from home so we were able to open some on Christmas morning, and I made cinnamon rolls. We went to a cocktail party on Christmas Eve and a dinner party on Christmas day. Needless to say, I had to keep reminding myself it was Christmas. And now here I am, the day after Christmas, at work. Se la vie.

On a different note, I have taken on some privates the last couple weeks. On Wednesdays, I meet with an ex-coworker, Alice to teach her Spanish for an hour in exchange for her teaching me Chinese. Its a fair deal to me...I get to learn Chinese for free and practice my Spanish. On Thursdays, I teach a little boy named David English. He is very shy, and not very good at speaking English, but all I have to do is talk to him for an hour and a half and I get paid about $25. It gives me something to do at night and the extra money doesn't hurt.

Bethany and I leave for the Philippines on Friday night!!! I am so excited. I am happy here in Taiwan, but I think we really just need a break from it all...yay! I'll let you all know how it is when I get back with my tan!

1 comment:

scang111 said...

are you back yet? I want to hear about the trip!