Sunday, April 29, 2012

One Year

I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted! It has been almost a year since Erlo and I moved to New Zealand. It has been just over a year since we got married. So much has happened. I moved locations in my job. I am still doing the same work, but much closer to our house. Erlo changed jobs. He works in a much friendlier, happier environment where he is trusted, valued and challenged. We have had many visitors already, including my parents, my friends Tracy and Carie, my friends Larry and Joan, and a brief visit from my friend Brandon. We have seen SOOO much of New Zealand and been able to show some of our favourite parts to those people and would love to show them to more.

Unfortunately, my bad luck with electronics has limited my blogging ability. Just after my last post, I learned that you can’t feed your sister green curry through Skype because you will spill it on your computer and ruin it definitely. I also learned that if you get an iPhone, hold onto it with all your might at all times, or it is highly probable to be stolen from right beside you. Hopefully I will be getting a new computer soon and will continue writing about my life. I miss it and find it cathartic.

Erlo and I will be here for at least another year. It has been such an amazing, invaluably difficult and wonderful year and we are ready for another! We miss my family, but love being close to Erlo’s (well, part of it anyway). We are meeting new friends(slowly, but surely), and dearly missing the far away friends. 

Although this isn't the beginning of a calendar year for me, it feels significant as I reflect on a year in a new place, with a new phase of my relationship with Erlo, and a new phase of my personal life.  I'm looking forward and open to all the upcoming year has for us. 



No comments: