Sunday, September 2, 2007

copycat

As you can see, I just updated the title of my blog. I liked Bethany's originality and with my need for constant change and copying those around me, I decided to change it to match.

I have never really started a life with someone until now. Bethany and I have not spent this much time together since we were in 3rd grade. Even then, we weren't living together, working together, eating together, and sharing just about everything. It has been about 3 weeks that we have been together this much, and we haven't even got sick of each other(well, I suppose I am speaking for myself there). This is a lot to say for the friends that used to fight after about 4 days of the jaunts we had every 2 years.

This weekend was a nice refreshing escape. We visited some of Bethany's family's friends in Taichung, which is about 1 hour from Hsinchu. If you have read Bethany's blog, you would know that we got a free taxi ride to the bus station. The taxi driver nearly drove us into a ditch and when we got out of the cab and were preparing to pay him, he quickly drove off. We waited for him to come back around to demand his cash, but he didn't. I told Bethany this is Karma for a time I got ripped off during a taxi ride in Spain. (Let's just say he took me 45 minutes out of the way, dropped me off and demanded a ridiculous amount of money). What goes around comes around?

The signs in Taiwan are some of my favorite things.






I especially like the do not "stride" over the line. Bethany and I really wanted to walk over it and wondered if that would be acceptable. The drug sign was in a park. And the first one, we couldn't figure out what "stop to entrance" meant. Isn't Bethany a cute one??

2 comments:

Bethany said...

sloppy copy. you smell.

kristen said...

I always liked the signs that told the tourists what side of the road to drive on.