Friday, September 7, 2007

a social worker's perspective?

It's friday, I just started teaching my elementary 2nd graders and I am exhausted. It's times like this that I wish I had the privilege the Taiwanese staff has of being able to lightly smack the kids on the hand when they are misbehaving. I really don't have a problem with is because my parents used to do it....obviously I would have a problem if it was painful at all. The fact is, it works. Kids are not intimidated by me at all and it makes my days twice as long. Well...at least I can threaten them with sending them to the Chinese teachers. I guess that year in social work changed me?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

we smacked you on the hand? I don't remember doing that.... must have been your other parents.

kristen said...

You should just swat them when nobody's looking for fun.

Emily said...

really, you never did?

no one really knows what I have done Kristen...