Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Things I like about Taiwan...

I needed an uplifting post, so here we go:

1) Scooter riding. I was scared at first, but it has quickly become one of my favorite activities. Crazy law-breaking, wind in your hair, maneuvering between cars fun.

2) Cheap food. An average meal out in Taiwan costs about $7-$10 US dollars for a drink or two and a main dish. For great food.

3) 7-11's on every corner. Literally. And if its not a 7-11, its a Family Mart, OK Mart, or something of the sort, with essentially the same supply of goods.

4) Cheap rent. I pay about $130 US a month for rent and utilities. Beat that California.

5) My new cats. Despite the previous belief(held by me) that cats are annoying, bratty, unfriendly, stinky creatures that should never be owned by humans, I have fallen for these cute little things. I think its gonna last too.

6) Bethany. I get to hang out with one of the coolest people every day and get to know her better than I have in 15 years. How lucky am I?

7) Cute kids that love me. As annoying as they can get sometimes, they are really adorable most of the time, and I have taken to them. I've also somehow convinced them that I am cool.

8) Being a celebrity. Everyone in Taiwan says hello to me and Bethany because we are white and have light hair. We feel like celebrities, and although it can be annoying, we secretly enjoy it.

That's all I can think of for now. More to come later maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bitch,
I am glad that you like cats now and i like reading your blog alot.
love bitch