Saturday, May 16, 2009

Teacher's Day

This Friday, May 15, was Teacher's Day in Korea. Its a big thing here, parents and children like to show their appreciation to their teachers with flowers and gifts. Since I live in a pretty affluent area, the kids at my school give exceptional gifts. I don't think I ever gotten this much for any holiday! I am really grateful to the parents for going out of their way to think of me on this day. Here's a picture of the damage:


Today, a group of us went on a tour of the Demilitarized Zone between South Korea and North Korea. It was really cool! I will post more about that later.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

awww that is so sweet of them! they love you! :)

Bethany said...

so basically just like in taiwan.

scang111 said...

are those Aveda hair products? How did they know?

HLee said...

maybe you should tell your students what you need :) you'll get them on the next teacher's day :)

Emily said...

funny Bethany.

Lois H. said...

WOW! what is all that stuff? you will certainly smell good, have beautiful hair and lips, soft skin, etc. No chocolate??