Sunday, July 3, 2011

In New Zealand with a 'Kiwi'

We've been in New Zealand for just about 2 months now and Erlo and I are making an attempt at adjusting/readjusting to the culture. It's much more complicated that one would think to adjust to a culture that is different in practice and yet similar in appearance. I've found that my adjustment to the culture here has been more difficult than in say, Korea or Taiwan, possibly because I am almost expected to understand it because I speak the language. I still haven't quite been able to articulate everything that is different about this culture, but in the process, I am learning to be patient and trying to stay positive. More to come on the cultural differences in the months to come.

Erlo and I have settled into a two-bedroom rental and are slowly getting our heads around this grown-up world we have been thrown into. We are ecstatic about being close to beautiful beaches, a mountain range, and several wineries. I seriously shouldn't complain about any of this. The job hunt is still in progress for me, which is also teaching me patience and humility ;)

So here I am in yet another new home! I can't wait to see what adventures await me here!

1 comment:

Jenna van said...

Can't wait to hear more! Glad you are enjoying married life:)