Saturday, July 30, 2011

Melbourne, VIC


Hi all. Finally I am at my own computer, with my pictures uploaded! The week before last, I was in Melbourne, Australia. I got to tag along with Erlo since I didn't start my new job till last week and he was going for a conference. While he was in meetings all day, I took off and made a point to get lost in the city. Melbourne is a seriously cool city. I had always heard good things, but I really really liked the place. I highly recommend it, and even though it is winter, it was charming and beautiful.

It was full of cool alleys with restaurants and cafe's like these:







At one of them, I got this cool coffee:



At another, I enjoyed this awesome curry laksa:




Melb is also full of cool old buildings and churches:








In and amongst the wandering, I explored Queen Victoria Market....a place that reminded me a lot of Italy and Spain, except with more Asians and English speakers:







On Friday and Saturday I was a luckly lady to be joined my a handsome fellow who calls himself my husband:




and his best friend Justin:



On Saturday we went to the zoo:








But one of my all time favorite things about Melbourne was the wild birds! Parrots were everywhere and so beautiful!




I highly recommend this city for anyone who loves cities and exploring. Go there!




No comments: