Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ni Hao!

For those of you who want to send me nice things, send it to:

1F., No. 76, Sec. 2, Dongda Rd.
Hsinchu City 300, Taiwan

No, you don't have to leanr to write it in Chinese characters. It should still get to me!

I started teaching monday. I have 16 kids right now, but next week or so, I will have 19. Big class! My coteacher Donna is from Oregon and she actually has a teaching degree unlike me. She has very good kindergarten decorating creative juices. I have been teaching the kids the songs. Everytime I dance even a little bit, the kids think its the most hilarious thing in the world...kids have a way of making you feel great about yourself.

American Eagle has lunch and dinner for all the teachers everyday. I have been mostly okay with it until last friday when my food was looking at me. Taiwanese love fish, and my dinner had some kind of pudding with tiny little fish that were the size of caterpillars on it. I told myself I would try the things I hadn't tried before, but I just couldn't make myself to do it. Sometimes when I taste the food here my tastebuds don't seem to know what to think. Bethany and I got Pizza Hut last night and it was the best pizza I have tasted in years. That is going to be gold in the next year I think.

I forgot to take pictures in the first week, but now Bethany is here and will help me remember. Soon, I promise!

2 comments:

Tim said...

By the time you come back to the USA, you will be looking for ways to get those little fish into the country so you can have some. They will be "gold" in years to come.

Enjoy

kristen said...

Thank God for pizza hut! Fish eyes would freak me out too.