Sunday, August 5, 2007

where did that day go?

I am here!!! I left on friday from San Francisco at 2pm and arrived in Taipei at 5pm on saturday, yet the flight was only 12.5 hours long. With the 15 hour time difference from California, I travelled ahead in time.

Everything has been really smooth since arriving. There are a few girls in my dorm from South Africa who are teaching summer camp. They were nice enough to take me to the RT Mart(big grocery store) with them yesterday. I bought yogurt, orange juice, coffee, and a frozen meal. I had to guess at what exactly were the contents, but I think I picked the right things...guess I will have to get used to that!

After shopping we went to Sushi Express. You pick what you want off the conveyer belt that goes through the restaurant. Most of the plates were unrecognizable rolls to me. I picked some that looked pretty safe and they were amazing! $30NT a plate means they are a little under a dollar a plate!! I think I am going to like this place.

I spent the rest of the day settling into my room and fighting the heat. Yes, it is hotter than I could imagine. Today I got a physical, came to the school to meet the chinese staff and signed my official contract. There are some adorable kids form summer camp running around and it makes me even more excited about teaching.

More later!

4 comments:

Tim said...

We're holding onto it here. You can have it when you come back!

Anonymous said...

so... I tried to call you because I guess Im an idiot. I hate hate hate that I didnt get to actually talk to you before you left. Im missing you so much and Im thinking I might come visit you. Know your address yet?
Candice

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there with you! It reminds me of my time in China. Enjoy yourself Em.

Dani

kristen said...

I was just thinking about you today...I was going to call your parents to get your email and address, but here you are with a blog.. fantastic. Email me your address so I can send you some mail.
kristen