Sunday, March 8, 2009

around town

So I've been trying to take more pictures, but still only have a few of the area that I live in. I've been wandering a lot by myself, trying to get my bearings, and also find some interesting things. Today I found a Din Tai Fung, which is a Famous Taiwanese handmade Chinese dumpling place. Super excited about that one.

Here is a picture of Cafe Street, the area right down the road from me that is packed with cafes and restaurants. There are a lot of Italian and wine places, but also some Chinese, Japanese, and maybe American(and Korean, of course). Its a little pricey, but could be fun for a cup of coffee or some wine on a weeknight. I can't wait for the spring when all the trees will be in bloom. More pictures then.





Last weekend, I made my way to this department store, Shinsegae. It is right next to an E-Mart, the Korean equivalent to Wal-mart(classier, though). Shinsegae is a very high-end department store, with Louis Vuitton, Channel, Coach, and all those special names. There is also an over-priced Gap, and I was thrilled to find a Kiehls and Aveda store. Yay!





This weekend was my coworker Joel's birthday. We went to a Brazilian restaurant, where I attempted to use the little Portugese I knew with the waiters and we overdosed on meat. It was far from being close to as good as real Brazilian food, but it hit the spot for the time being. Afterwards, we went to a "Clubby Bar". It was here where a few of my coworkers bet me $50,000 won(a little less than $50) for me to go into the crowd and dance with a Korean guy. If they knew me, I'm sure they wouldn't have bet that much, because of course I jumped right in there and danced a song with a guy. Anyway, after that, the guy assumed we were bff, and all his friends came over and started to talk to us like we were celebrities. These girls were so excited to meet us, so I asked for a picture with them. Don't they look so happy???!





At the next bar, nothing significant happened, but this scary mask was hanging on the wall right next to me. Weird.





And finally, here is a picture of my new picture collage. I spent last night watching Vicky Christina Barcelona and putting these up. I like it a lot. All of the pictures are from within the last year. Also, Vicky Christina Barcelona is an OK movie, not great, but worth seeing just for Penelope Cruz's preformance.


And that is all. I joined the gym in my building, so I am trying to get motivated to work out. Marian suggested putting on my workout clothes and seeing if that helps. But Sunday afternoons are for naps, right??

3 comments:

Lois H. said...

Did you get the $50,000 won?

Emily said...

yes! of course

Anonymous said...

I love your story about dancing with the guy! And that they wanted to take a picture with you is so funny!

Jenna