Tuesday, March 24, 2009

subway seats

In Korea, there are about 9 seats on every subway car reserved for seniors, pregnant women, or people with disabilities. Unlike the U.S., its a definite faux paus to sit in these seats, even if no one needs them at the time. I was on a not-so-crowded train yesterday, with a long way to go, and an older woman saw me standing and moved to the reserved seat so I could sit down without shame. It's things like that that make my day. So far, Koreans have been nothing but generous and kind. Why can't more people decide to give up there seat on a daily basis?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just wishing that I knew more about you + Korea and I'm so glad you have this blog! I almost felt like I just had a conversation with you! I did make remarks to you in my head so maybe it counts?
Anyways, love you and hope that you are happy exploring and living!
Jenna

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that singular model. The prices seeking the sneakers are approximately 340 dollars everwhere. But for all I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging for that singular make. The prices seeking the velcros are around 230 pounds on every site. But completely I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that particular model. The prices seeking the velcros were around 210 bucks on every page. But definitively I found this site selling them for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what is your opinion?