Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kimchi

As many of you probably know, Kimchi is a very popular dish here in Korea. It is basically fermented cabbage with chili. I tried it a couple times in Taiwan, but was never really able to get used to it. Since I've been here though, I've tried a couple different varieties, and discovered that it can actually be quite delicious. It can be eaten cold or cooked. Tonight, I cooked it up and put on some great french bread with cream cheese. Yummy indeed.


I've asked my kids at school if they like it, and they all do. Can you imagine young kids in North America liking this sort of thing? Yeah, no chance, huh?

1 comment:

Marian said...

That's so exciting that there are some international restaurants. Seoul looks like really great city - very different from Taiwan, isn't it?